We all know how hard it is to think of a gift for that person that has everything. So instead of giving them a “thing”, give them an experience. The blog post at ApartmentDiet.com makes the point that “Experiences tend to make people happier.” They go on to provide a quote;
“Over the past decade, an abundance of psychology research has shown that experiences bring people more happiness than do possessions… Experiential purchases are more satisfying than material purchases…”
They also provide a list of ideas as follows;
- Classes / courses / workshops
- Something you make / bake – Lucy baked Focacia.
- Invite people round for a meal / gift a meal to those without
- Music / tickets to somewhere
- Pampering: Facial / massage / barber shop (Lucy reminds us not to forget that men like being pampered too!)
- Give back – make donations to favorite causes
So if you are struggling to find a gift for that hard to buy for person or have not bought all your gifts yet, fear not – get them an experience rather than a thing.
See the full article at http://goo.gl/DOAXvn